Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Class Response - PR and Advertising

     In class today, we were introduced to our new unit on PR (Public Relations) and advertising. I'm very excited for this unit, because I'm interested in PR.

     We had worksheets to do today, and we were told to think about the worst and best advertisements we'd seen. I thought this was interesting and it got me thinking. Either way, I wanted to share my favorites and least favorites.

Worst:
Head-on: Apply directly to the forehead.



Well, it definitely captures the "repetition" method of advertisement. This repetition is probably to make up for the fact that the commercial is boring, lacking information, and just downright annoying. In just the thirteen seconds of the original version, it manages to irritate me. This, however, is a ten minute long version. Enjoy!







Best:
Public Service Announcement: Dumb Ways to Die


I love this! It's actually a public service announcement, but I'll still count it. Throughout the whole time I was watching it for the first time, I thought it was just a cute little video. Then at the end, where it was revealed that it was a PSA from Metro, I was pleasantly surprised. It's cute, memorable, catchy, and you don't even think of it as an advertisement at first! I show it to my friends just because I think it's cute, and they love it too! There's even an app for it now. That is really great marketing!

2 comments:

  1. I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING
    READ THIS POST:
    http://pizzatomb.tumblr.com/post/61142543398

    ReplyDelete